The rose tea is less known, although the rose is also of great importance to our health. The effect of rose flower tea can be considered as natural medicine. This is an edible flower from which numerous dishes (jam, ice cream), beverages (syrup), and even tea can be prepared.
Most commonly, the tea is made from the petals of the tea rose, which can also be used as oil, solvent, or potpourri for fragrance due to its delightful scent. Due to its pleasant and harmonious taste, it is also an excellent flavor enhancer for jams, beverages, and infusions.
The ingredients of rose tea
The rose contains oils, plant pigments, and minerals that have extremely positive effects on our well-being. It also contains a lot of vitamin E, which slows down cell aging, strengthens nails and hair, protects the skin from dryness and wrinkles. Moreover, it plays an important role in maintaining eye health and strengthens the immune system. Along with other flowers, it can be said that they not only look good in a vase but are also very beneficial for our health. These include lavender, rose, and marigold. All of them have healing, soothing, relaxing properties and help in reducing stress. It is worth keeping them at home in dried form as well.
Making Rose Tea
- Rose petals
- Thoroughly wash the rose petals to remove any dirt or insects. Use only petals that have not been sprayed with chemicals.
- Cut the rose petals into small pieces.
- Pour a teaspoon of the petals into a cup of boiling water and cover it. Let it steep for about 2 minutes.
- Then strain the tea and sweeten it with honey. Enjoy it slowly.
The hot drink can also be made from dried rose petals. In this case, you should let it steep for about 8-10 minutes before straining.
The effects of rose tea
The health benefits of rose tea include:
- Relief from gout and rheumatic pain
- Mood improvement
- Aid in stress reduction
- Alleviation of depression
- Help with gum recession
- Relief from gum inflammation
- Treatment of canker sores
- Relief from menopausal symptoms
- Aid for gynecological issues
This tea is also available in stores. If you don’t have rose petals to prepare tea at home, you don’t have to go without it.
Back to the articles in the category